What are the considerations for both adult and pediatric massage?
Self-massage must pay attention to keep warm. Massage room air should be kept circulating, room temperature should be appropriate, but not open the window or use the fan. In winter, the palms of the hands must be rubbed warm before massage, so as not to contact the skin due to cold hands cause muscle tension, affecting the effectiveness of treatment.
Adult massage precautions
- self-massage must pay attention to warmth. Massage indoor air to maintain circulation, room temperature to be appropriate, but not open the window or use the fan. In winter, the palms must be rubbed warm before massage, so as not to contact the skin due to cold hands cause muscle tension, affecting the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Before massage to choose the appropriate body position, lying place to try to use soft things padded, while fully exposed massage parts.
- massage before, the operator to trim the nails, it is best to trim the nails rounded, to the nails and fingertips flush with the most appropriate, and wash hands with hot water, keep hands clean. At the same time, the operation of items that hinder (such as watches, rings, etc.) removed in advance.
- pay attention to the protection of the skin, massage parts to cover the treatment towel to prevent damage to the skin, or the appropriate choice of lubricants (such as rubbing massage cream, massage cream, etc.), do not dry rub with your hands.
- before doing abdominal massage, kidney area massage, the patient should empty the urine. Massage waist, abdomen to loosen the belt first.
- massage process, to adjust the strength of the technique at any time, to achieve uniform, soft, lasting, moderate power.
Pediatric massage precautions
- children within 9 years of age for the applicable objects of massage.
- massage should be based on the child’s condition, the acupuncture points taken and the need for the massage operator to use the technique, so that the child to maintain a certain body position. Children under 3 years of age can generally be held by others massage, children over 3 years of age can be taken alone in a sitting position, supine position, prone position or side lying position, etc. for massage.
- choose in a warm and comfortable, sheltered from the wind, avoid glare, noise, small environment to children massage, room temperature is best at about 25 ℃, with some soft music as a background to create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Children’s skin is delicate, do not scratch children’s skin when massaging, you can use massage oil or toner and other media to reduce the friction when massaging. At the same time, the strength of the massage should be moderate, first do something that will not cause panic in the child’s movements, and then massage.
- The order of operation of children’s massage for the head and face, the next upper limbs, then the chest, abdomen, waist and back, and finally the lower limbs; can also focus first, then general, or first main points, then supporting points. “Take, pinch, pinch, pound” and other strong stimulation techniques, in addition to first aid, generally placed in the last operation, so as to avoid children crying and restlessness, affecting the treatment.