Acupuncture has a long history in China and is a traditional Chinese medical treatment for illnesses in China. Nowadays, many people choose acupuncture for treatment when they are not feeling well. So which diseases are suitable for treatment through acupuncture? What is the scope of application of acupuncture treatment?
What diseases can be treated with acupuncture?
Respiratory diseases: acute and chronic sinusitis; acute and chronic rhinitis; rhinorrhea; cold; acute tonsillitis; acute bronchitis; bronchial asthma (children and simple asthma patients); acute and chronic bronchitis (caused by cough).
Diseases of the five senses: acute conjunctivitis; mydriasis; dry eye; amblyopia (up to 12 years old); myopia (adolescents); visual fatigue; simple cataract; glaucoma (to lower eye pressure); toothache; post-extraction pain; gingivitis; acute and chronic pharyngitis; tinnitus and deafness (sudden, early onset); mouth ulcers.
Digestive system diseases: esophageal, cardia spasm; choking and hiccup; gastric prolapse; acute and chronic gastritis; hyperacidity; chronic duodenal ulcer (relief of pain); simple acute duodenal ulcer; acute and chronic colitis; constipation; diarrhea; intestinal paralysis.
Neurological diseases: headache; migraine; trigeminal neuralgia; facial nerve palsy (within 3-6 months in early stage); facial muscle spasm; post-stroke sequelae (recovery period); peripheral nerve disorders; pediatric poliomyelitis sequelae (early stage, within 6 months); Meniere’s syndrome; insomnia (good results without depression); neurogenic bladder dysfunction; enuresis; intercostal neuralgia.
Bone and joint diseases: frozen shoulder; tennis elbow; cervical spondylosis; lumbar spondylosis; falling pillow; lumbago; tenosynovitis, tendon sheath cyst; osteoarthritis; sciatica.
Gynecological diseases: menstrual disorders, leucorrhea, mammary gland hyperplasia, dysmenorrhea, menorrhagia, intermenstrual syndrome, and menopausal syndrome. It can also be used to assist in the treatment of premature ovarian failure, uterine fibroids, and infertility.
Cardiovascular diseases: coronary heart disease, hypertension, cerebral blood supply deficiency, senile dementia, etc., can use acupuncture as an adjunctive treatment. In addition, acupuncture can also be used as a preventive health care method for Alzheimer’s disease.
Endocrine diseases: hyperthyroidism, diabetes, obesity; chronic fatigue syndrome; acne, chloasma, etc. Among them, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism or thyroid nodules, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, etc. mostly use acupuncture as an auxiliary treatment method.
Who should not use acupuncture to treat diseases
1. people with leukemia are not suitable for acupuncture, etc.
2. For people with a weak constitution, stimulation should not be too strong, and try to use a recumbent position.
3. overworked, hungry, nervous people, such people should not be immediately acupuncture and need to wait for their recovery before treatment.
4. spontaneous bleeding tendency or due to injury after bleeding more than patients, such people should not be acupuncture. Try to avoid vascular needling to prevent bleeding.
5. Patients with skin infections, ulcers, and scarred areas, but clinically the anti-inflammatory effect of acupuncture is very good, so the specific situation should be analyzed.
6. when the needle into the feeling of electric shock, pain, or needle tip touching hard tissue people, such people found in the treatment process should withdraw the needle and should not continue to needle.
7. For children whose fontanelle is not closed, acupuncture points in the head and neck are generally not suitable for acupuncture. In addition, because children cannot cooperate, it is advisable to use the rapid needle method when acupuncture, and it is not advisable to keep the needle.
8. The depth and angle of acupuncture should be mastered when acupuncture in the pubic symphysis area of the eye area, chest and back, kidney area, collar area, patients with gastric ulcer, intestinal adhesions, intestinal obstruction, and patients with urinary retention.
9. people with coagulation disorders, such as hemophilia, thrombocytopenic purpura, and other diseases, because these people have a long coagulation time or difficulty in coagulation, resulting in the needle mouth is prone to bleeding more than, so the coagulation disorder people are also not suitable for the implementation of acupuncture.
10. diabetic people, due to the high blood sugar of diabetic patients, once the formation of wounds, even small acupuncture needle eye, it is not easy to heal, if you do not pay attention to the treatment of the needle mouth or control the diet, and may cause infection of the wound, needle mouth, so diabetic patients to go to the implementation of acupuncture.
11. pregnant women, habitual abortion, within 6 months, the small abdomen and lumbosacral acupuncture points are prohibited; more than 6 months, the upper abdomen and certain acupuncture points with strong needle sensation (such as Hegu, Sanyinjiao, etc.) should also be prohibited. People with a history of habitual abortion should use acupuncture with caution. Needles should also not be used during menstruation if they are not intended to regulate menstruation.
Acupuncture is an effective means of regulating the balance of yin and yang, supporting the positive and driving away evil, unblocking the meridians and qi and blood, and restoring the health of the body. However, not all diseases are suitable for acupuncture, so you must choose the treatment method according to your condition.